10 Love Songs for Cannabis Users
Cannabis has been making its way into popular music for decades. But, love songs about marijuana? Yes, they exist! As cannabis culture continues to grow and evolve, so too does the music that is created around it. Whether you’re looking for a romantic ballad or a upbeat anthem, there are plenty of tunes out there that celebrate the herb we all know and love. Let's take a look at some of the top cannabis-inspired love songs.
1. “Ganja Gun” by Bob Marley – Perhaps no other artist has ever been as closely associated with cannabis as Bob Marley and this song proves why he deserves his legendary status among stoners everywhere! “Ganja Gun” celebrates marijuana use through its vivid imagery and soulful vocal delivery from Marley himself—it is an absolute must-hear for any true fan of reggae music!
2. "It's 4:20 Somewhere" by Alan Jackson - This classic country song is all about embracing the marijuana lifestyle and living life on your own terms. The upbeat tempo and Jackson's laidback vocals make it an ideal addition to any 420 playlist.
3. "Mary Jane's Last Dance" by Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - One of Petty's most beloved songs, this track tells the story of an aging hippie who decides to take one last hit before giving up his cannabis habit for good. It's nostalgic, bittersweet, and perfect for anyone who has ever had an affection for weed (or knows someone who does).
4. "Roll Me Up And Smoke Me When I Die" by Willie Nelson - This song celebrates the joys of marijuana in a lighthearted way, with Nelson singing about his desire to be laid to rest in a joint after he passes away. It's both humorous and poignant at the same time, making it an ideal listen for any cannabis enthusiast.
5. “Smoke Some Weed” by Snoop Dogg – This upbeat track released in 2004 features some pretty explicit lyrics but also celebrates smoking weed as something fun and enjoyable (which it should be!). Even if you don’t agree with all the words being said here, it still makes for a great bop when you need something lighthearted and playful on your playlist.
6. "Cannabis" by Akon - Released in 2020, this track celebrates cannabis both as medicine and recreation, highlighting how important it can be for people managing pain or simply needing relaxation using some clever wordplay throughout its verses. A perfect choice for anyone looking for a more uplifting take on marijuana use!
7. “Mary Jane” by Rick James – Last but not least, we have Rick James’ 1982 ode to Mary Jane herself! This funk-infused track speaks directly to cannabis users around the world with lyrics like “I love my Mary Jane / She sets my mind at ease / Whenever I feel pain / She brings me back to ease again." As far as cannabis anthems go, this one hits all the right notes!
8. “I Got Stoned and I Missed It” by Jim Stafford - This song is a hilarious ode to getting high while missing out on something important—in this case, an opportunity to get married! It tells the story of a man who was so stoned that he missed out on his chance to tie the knot with someone special. It’s both funny and lighthearted—a great listen when you need a laugh!
9 ."Kush Coma" by Childish Gambino - Released in 2014 as part of his "Because The Internet" album, this track combines both smooth jazz vibes with trap beats creating an interesting mix that perfectly reflects how both sides of Gambino come together into one artist!
10. "Roll Up" by Wiz Khalifa - Another classic from 2011 which was featured on his "Rolling Papers" album; this upbeat tune talks about enjoying life while smoking joints (hence the name) but also encourages listeners not to take themselves too seriously either - making it a perfect choice if you're looking for something more lighthearted yet still meaningful enough!
While many people may think that cannabis-inspired music is limited to rap or hip-hop songs only; there are actually quite a few genres represented here ranging from Country to pop/R&B/rock - proving once again just how versatile marijuana can be when used creatively! Whether you're looking for something romantic or just want an upbeat anthem; hopefully one (or two!) of these tunes will fit your needs perfectly! So sit back; roll yourself up some greens; turn up these top 10 Cannabis Love Songs; relax...and enjoy!