The CBD vaping industry has grown incredibly huge in just the last few years, and is predicted to continue to grow by 35% each year through 2020. If you are currently taking CBD oil sublingually, or utilizing CBD oil capsules, you may be wondering what all the hype is about. The primary reason for the popularity of CBD vaping is the method’s level of efficacy. Michelle Peace, a vaping expert and toxicologist at Virginia Commonwealth University, explained that whenever someone inhales CBD as opposed to digesting it, the efficiency in which the CBD gets into the system and becomes active is dramatically increased. This fact helps explain the thousands of user reports that the dosage strength of CBD is felt several times more significantly through vaping then other methods.
Along with its popularity, there is a growing worry concerning the safety of vaping CBD. Is it safe? What are the side effects? Why are some people getting sick form long term vaping? This article will answer such questions and other concerns that current or potential vape users may have.
The Pen Is Mightier Then The Sword
The most significant cause of side effects and the greatest risks to health concerning vaping are not the contents of the vaporizers, but the vaporizers themselves. Vaporizers, or vape pens, if manufactured cheaply or with the wrong components can leech dangerous metals and compounds during their use. After considerable research, I have compiled this list of tips that will help you avoid most of the unhealthy aspects of side effects caused by poorly constructed vaping devices.
- Check vendor’s composition tests – knowing what the vaporizer is made of is the first step. If the vendor cannot provide that, then I suggest you stay clear of their products, even if the price is incredible and it looks super mint. Third party or independent testing laboratory reports are the most dependable results.
- Avoid Teflon – Teflon when heated can leech toxic chemicals that have scary side effects. Don’t buy vaporizers, vape pens, or eRigs that have Teflon.
- Don’t be cheap, don’t buy for look – Vaporizers that are sold cheap are likely to have impure metals or cheap components that contribute to unhealthy side effects when heated for long durations. Don’t just buy a vaporizer because it looks cool and is sold cheap. Quality products require quality parts, and that will cost more.
- Go titanium, not alloy but pure – Many manufacturers may claim to use titanium for the wax pen coil in their vaporizers but actually it’s a poorer grade or some titanium alloy. You want grade 1 or grade 2 titanium. It’s more expensive, but so is poor health. A good way to spot the fakes are their battery source; most pure titanium vaporizers will only work with sub-ohm batteries because of their low resistance. If a vendor claims to use grade 1 or 2 titanium but still uses a normal e-cigarette battery, be cautious as that is unlikely.
- Use Green Garden Gold’s CBD Oil – It may seem self serving, but we put enormous expense into research and development when making our CBD Oils. There are so many CBD oils out there that are not only unhealthy for use, but dangerous. For example: many CBD oils still use PG(Propylene Glycol) & PEG(Polyethylene Glycol). These have both been linked to possibly damaging respiratory organs and aggravating asthma.
- Green Garden Gold – We use VG and MCT as carriers for our CBD Oils. The MCT is definitely the golden rule, as it has tested to be an incredible carrier agent for CBD. VG(vegetable glycerin) is for a more fun experience with thicker vaping clouds and a sweeter flavor.
The Bottom Line
Vaping is only problematic if you don’t put care into your preparation. Get the right equipment, get the right oil. For getting the right equipment I personally like to discuss with experts and specialists. Why should your health be handled by anyone else? Online, vendors who sell multiple types of equipment are usually more knowledgeable, and some use an online chat system so you can discuss your questions and concerns with them. Find a site like that and within seconds you can be chatting online with a vape expert and they go out of their way to give you all the information you need.
For the best CBD oil to vape… we’ve said it a hundred times; if it’s not Green Garden Gold, it’s not Green Garden Gold.